We, the undersigned, are deeply concerned about the situation and condition of hunger strikers in turkish prisons. We understand that over 700 Kurdish political prisoners have passed their 47th day on hunger strike, without their demands being addressed by the authorities. Medical experts confirm that in the course of a hunger strike the 40th day is a turning point where physical and mental dysfunctions commence, as well as cases of death begin to occur.
According to international conventions signed by the republic of turkey, the government is in charge of a prisoner’s health. As top-ranking members of the government, the president, prime minister and the minister of justice will personally be held responsible for any damage to the prisoners’ physical condition.
Furthermore, the prisoners’ demands consist primarily of the right to defense in mother tongue and freeing Abdullah Öcalan from solitary confinement. We would like to express our full support of these demands since they are based on fundamental human rights.
We therefore urge the turkish government to enter in constructive dialogue with the prisoners to respond to their demands.
The international community’s opinion on turkey and its reform process will be strongly shaped by the way the present hunger strikes are handled and the prisoners are treated. turkey’s reputation might be seriously harmed should this incident turn into a human tragedy.
please sign this n reblog it’s now the 50th day of the hunger strike
I’m considering getting lap band surgery. I know all about WLS. And I know that it’s still a slow rate of weight loss. Honestly, I could probably do without the surgery. But this will force my hand and make me stick with it. My issue is that I can’t stick with anything long term. I feel like this is an answer because it forces me to. And it’s completely reversible. I’ve been researching WLS as an option for years now. And every once in awhile I act like I’m really going to follow through and do it. But now i’m desperate. I need my life to move forward and I feel like this is a huge hurdle for me and WLS will get me over the hurdle. I thought I could do it by myself and I gave it real effort. But in the end, no such luck. If I could do it by myself I would of done so by now…
I wish I was pretty. I have ideas, that if I could lose 200 lbs I’d be pretty. And then I’d work on getting jacked and some muslces n stuff. (not too much muscle. just toned). I want to be my best. I just feel so overwhelmed. I have so far to go…How can I lose 200 lbs all on my own?! If I could, I could have any guy I want. I’m pretty in the face being 200 lbs overweight. But I’d be leaps and bounds prettier. It would be a real game changer. As a black woman, I have features that the majority of males find attractive. (in the past and now). It would open up my dating pool and I’d finally be able to find love and be happy. I could get engaged and eventually have kids. And I wouldn’t feel so alone. I just need to get over this hurdle. I had a dream 2 days ago, divaslimsdown from youtube and jennifer hudson were in my dream. Both black women, both had to lose an overwhelming amount of weight. I felt like that was God telling me that I’d be a success story too. I’m just ready to start. I’ll be 24 in two weeks and That’s almost half way through my 20’s. Time goes so fast. I don’t have time to spare. I want to be young and pretty. And still able to wear whatever styles I want.
1. I got fired from a really great job. Now I have to go around lying about being employed because my pride is too hurt to tell people that I’m unemployed and live with my mother.
2. Because I’ve been lazy and lounging around and it’s been nearly 6 months since I’ve worked.
3. Because I’m used to having my own money and doing what I want, when I want without having to bum money off of my mother or give plasma in order to just have gas.
4. Because I’m fat as hell and I keep coming up with ideas on how to fix it, but I never follow through.
5. Because sometimes I lie and say that I’m exercising and I know for certain that I’m not. Sometimes I am, and sometimes I’m not.
6. Because all I want is to find a nice guy and get married.
7. But then I want to travel around the world and not be held down.
8. Because sometimes I feel that in order to find a nice guy I’ll have to have sex with him before marriage and that’s not something that I’ve ever envisioned for myself.
9. Because I want to have a business to where I answer to myself and I can really be proud of what I’m doing.
10. Because I feel like now that I have a plan to start that business, all hell is breaking loose and everything’s getting messed up.
11. Because I almost had a job but due to computer issues, it seems like I’m still going to be unemployed
12. Because I feel like I haven’t done enough.
13. Because I think I’m going to drop out of college. My grades are under 2.0 and it’s because I refused to actually study and turn in home work. I feel like I’m not worthy to be in college. Especially when the government is paying for it. I’m almost 24 and I’m only a sophomore. yet I’ve been in school 3 years.
14. I feel like I’m running in circles and wasting my youth.